Learn from the Valuation Process
90% of the business or practice reports called “valuations” by others
are not by any professional valuation organization’s standards. Show us your valuation, and we will show you why it does not meet the standards. Learn more about our valuation standards.
Get Proof You Are Doing
the Right Things
10 Initial Data and Document Requests
You have a lot of your money at risk. Accuracy is important to your financial goals. Our process finds risk and value driving facts others miss. Provide what you can. We will work through the others later.
Please provide only those items already created in the existing course of business operations. These materials are important to the valuation process, and other business planning. Please save records to Word or PDF to e-mail.
You, your attorney, your accountant, and any others are welcome to e-mail for help gathering the data and documents at no charge.
- The Valuation's Purpose, Scope, & Use (Succession, Divorce, Financial Planning, Hidden Income or Assets, Business Intellectual Property Valuation, Internal/External Sale, Buy-Sell)
- Valuation Date(s) Selected, and Standard of Value; Your attorney may need to help
- Website Addresses and Online Listings (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Last 5 years of business tax returns (Preparer’s PDF Copies) with ALL details such as, but not limited to the schedules, forms, notes, and preparer data entry worksheets including the depreciation worksheet with all assets in depreciation and those fully depreciated; with assets no longer owned deleted or marked/lined out; and amended and tax audits of any kind
- Last 5 year-end financial statements and on the valuation date, (if cash basis, also provide accrual)
- Last 5 year-end payroll summaries, and as of the valuation date
- All state sales tax filings for the last 3 years and as of the valuation date; and any amended and audits
- Incorporation, organization, operating, and buy-sell agreements
- Past business appraisals, valuation, and evaluations of any kind
- Owner resumes, and job title and job description with a workweek list of responsibilities and time allocation outline by job function or activity; and fringe benefits list. Also, describe related parties who work in the business. (Exception: Create these items even if they are not available.)
These 10 requests are just the start for gathering the important data and documents. The work you invest will pay good dividends in the valuation process, and your search for what the company is worth.
Also see the Ten Rules for a Top Notch Business Valuation on the linked page.
Use Your Business Valuation to Improve Your Strategic Planning and Selling Price
Experienced professional help makes your money decision difference.
Is selling your best option? What are your other viable options?
What are your financial trends? Do you like where you are headed?
How do you compare to your peers? Is your business model attractive to buyers?
Can you transfer what's making you money?
If you have an exit plan, who's your best target buyer?
Do you have proof of what you're doing right? Would a buyer believe you?
Our business valuation and financial analysis services will answer these important questions, and a great many more. Also see CBA Valuation Services Lists.
Using your business valuation for strategic planning creates a smart road map for building your firm's value. Very few smaller firms review three to five years of income statements on a single page. Even fewer look at their financial and operating trends, and survey company operating risks. Your valuation does these things and more. See Valuation FAQ for more details.
Your valuation will tell you exactly what's driving your firm's value, and answers other key performance questions. Eventually, some outsider will tell you what they think your business is worth. Wouldn't you feel better prepared knowing your key risk and value drivers? Or, are you driving a car with 50 miles worth of gas, when the next gas station is 100 miles away?
Call (513) 266-3226 Today e-Mail [email protected] today to get started answering key value questions.
A lighter look at Improving Your Calculation Results. Client pet vet shared video.
Does your company have an early warning system?
Changes bring growth opportunities when you recognize trends. Your survival depends on seeing the change, and then evolving.
Every business has unique internal operating and external industry risks.
Our Business Trend Radar, BTRSM is a process of identifying your business risk trends. The risk net is an octagon. Our eight strategies cross-connect to catch trends to improve your business tactics and competitive positioning.
Whether you are facing
- identifying and protecting intellectual property and trade secrets; this is both a business and a personal concern
- business succession planning for internal management or exiting owners
- changing personal choice concerns about the business
- looking to better evaluate business expansion ideas
- industry new national and global competition, cyber-security threats targeting your business,
or are you in the 50% of mature industry companies about to be slammed by new technology
- an unknown change, you feel is coming in ________, but you haven’t fully identified it, and the potential opportunities or problems
- high or low company valuation extremes in volatile markets
we can help you address your pressing questions;
and when needed we can suggest ways to coordinate your personal and business financial planning.
Planning prevents poor performance. You can set up a process that prevents being blindsided, and rewards your preparation.
While a few clients believed us at first, the BTRSM early warning system saves time. Just think about the time you have spent putting out business problem fires over the years. An early warning would have been helpful.
CyberSecurity for Your Privacy
CyberSecurity Small Business Survival Risk
- Most cyber-crime hits small companies.
- The average costs of a hit are over $80,000.
- Over half close their doors forever in under a year.
- 90% do not protect their most valuation assets.
Cyber-crime destroys customer trust in you and your company. The loss of trust steals your company’s value and reduces selling price. Trust is very hard to regain.
Business buyers are sophisticated. How are you going to convince a buyer that someone hasn't stolen your client list or other valuable intangible assets?
Unprotected intellectual property, IP is a huge risk. This is why China's theft of IP is in the news. And, why we added the Cyber Security Review, CSRSM.
More and more experienced M&A dealmakers are discovering a cybersecurity problem after a deal has closed.
58% in 2018 up from 40% in 2016
It’s no wonder dissatisfaction with cybersecurity due diligence is growing.
49% in 2018 up from 3% in 2016
Most small businesses are using a WIFI firewall, antivirus and malware protection. That’s just not enough. You need a better process to be safe. Companies are missing a ‘firewall’ only 10% recognize.
Few business owners are taking the needed simple steps to protect their company, their job, and their personal and business financial security.
What is your current Cyber Security Plan? No Plan or a Bad Plan, No Security.
You can reduce risk from 90% to less than 1% by focusing on two facts.
Your Cyber Security Review, CSRSM starts at just $500. In addition, you have the option for a site visit review. You are guaranteed to learn something.
Contact us to check out our process and your cyber-breach risk. CBA secures and tests our own cyber practices.